Reserve your bike today
Rental Bike Pricing
Rental Bike Price = $500 USD
Optional Insurance (see below for details) is available for $75 USD
About the Basso Diamante
Made by hand, in Italy, by Basso, the Diamante represents a true representation of exactly what a fine, authentic Italian racing bike should be. Using only the finest high modulus carbon fiber from Toray the Basso engineering staff have produced a frame capable of efficient performance that lasts and excels over all terrain. Tube shapes and carbon layup allow for a reactive frame with bottom bracket flex of a mere 0.4mm and a head tube torsion of an amazingly low 0.2mm…a 50% improvement over previous models. Available in both disc and rim versions, the new frame has been optimized to allow for up to 28mm tires, thus increasing even further the Diamante’s versatility.
Add to the tried, trusted and approved Basso geometry an elegant front end that allows the flexible rider to achieve an extremely aggressive position while allowing the more upright rider to maintain a front end more compact in appearance. If looking good is half the battle then the Diamante has the battle won as its every fiber is meant for moving faster and in a more efficient manner yet its form is an example of undeniable Italian design and class. Functionally beautiful and beautifully functional: Basso Diamante.
The 11-speed drivetrain features a Compact 50-34 crankset and an 11-32 cassette to help you spin up the steepest hills and then nail the descent on the other side. We’ve also included Disk brakes for the first time on a Thomson Rental Bike making the Basso Diamante the perfect tool to accompany you on a Thomson Bike Tours trip.
Our optional insurance policy offers you the possibility to insure your rental bike against theft or damage caused by accident. Unless you have coverage through other insurances (home-owners, travel insurance etc.) we recommend you insure the rental bike through our insurance policy.
To view details of our bike rental insurance policy: Click here
Optional Rental Insurance
The bike rental insurance fee starts at $75 USD per bike per trip.
- Damage or breakage to the bike frame or any of the components.
- Theft or loss of the bike.
- The insurance does not guarantee that Thomson Bike Tours will be able to provide a replacement bike (or components) in the case of irreparable damage.
- Third party liability, medical costs, and any other costs that result from damage to the rental bike or theft/loss of the rental bike are not covered.
A deductible of $250 USD will be applied.
Bike Rental Terms & Conditions
To view details of our bike rental terms and conditions: Click here
Please note that Bike Rentals are subject to availability and are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Thomson Bike Tours reserve the right to modify the model of bicycle available for rent at any time. For your comfort and security on the bike, we also ask you to bring your pedals and saddle.
Bike Rental Terms & Conditions
- All bike rentals must be reserved, and full payment must be made, before the start of your Thomson Bike Tours trip.
- An inspection of the bike will be performed in your presence when the bike is handed over to you. Please make sure that any damages, scratches etc. are included in the bike inspection report.
- During the trip, the bike remains the property of Thomson Bike Tours and you will not rent, sell or otherwise part with the bike.
- You undertake not to misuse the bike and return it to Thomson Bike Tours in the same condition as it was delivered to you (normal wear and tear excepted).
- During the rental period, Thomson Bike Tours will make reasonable endeavors to replace or fix any malfunctioning components, unless the problem was created by your misuse of the bike.
- In the event of a major breakdown, caused by your misuse of the bike, Thomson Bike Tours cannot be held responsible for providing a replacement frame or component.
- In the event of the bike being stolen or lost during the rental period, Thomson Bike Tours is entitled to charge you the original purchase price of the bike. To avoid being charged for a lost or stolen bike you need to purchase our bike rental insurance coverage.
- Thomson Bike Tours is entitled to charge you for any damage to the bike, caused by you, during the rental period. To avoid being charged for damage to the rental bike you need to purchase our bike rental insurance coverage (please note that a $250 deductible will be applied).