Why Thomson Bike Tours
1. The Bike Rides
All in all, it was truly the best week of bicycle riding I can ever imagine, and I highly recommend Thomson Bike Tours. With this week behind me, I feel my riding and my perspective of riding has changed for the better. It truly is what life is made for. I’m already planning next year’s trip with Thomson Bike Tours - this time to the Italian Alps, and the Giro d’Italia!
Brad Cooley – NC :: 2005 Alps Challenge
Each year we take great pride in offering you the BEST rides in Europe. Compare our bike rides to those of our competitors and you'll find our rides superior in many ways....
- RIDE MORE: with Thomson Bike Tours you'll ride more than with any other tour operator.
- MOST CHALLENGING & SPECTACULAR ROUTES: You can always count on Peter to put together the most challenging and spectacular routes in each region (it's difficult to compete with 25 years of local cycling knowledge!)
- BETTER PREPARED: Compare how well our routes are prepared and documented with those of our competitors. Be wary of vague, unspecific routes!
- ASK! Be inquisitive and ask us as many questions as possible about our rides then ask our competitors the same questions. Things like making sure that the rides start and finish at the hotel (otherwise you may be spending hours in van transfers!). Check that alternative routes are available if you want to ride less on any given day. Ask for elevation profiles and maps.
2. Support & Organization
The coordination, focus and support your team provided was beyond my greatest expectations. How can I not do this again?
Ted Gagnon – VA :: 2006 King of the Mountains > Giro d'Italia
Professional, superbly organized. Paid to have Thomson Bike Tours handle the logistics and they delivered in every way.
Vinny Buffenmyer – Norway :: 2006 King of the Mountains > France Pyrenees
Enjoy the rides and let us take care of the rest! Our customers are constantly amazed (and forever grateful) at the level of support we provide during the trips.
- BEST SAG SUPPORT: You'll never be far away from a Thomson Sag Van. Our van drivers are all experienced cyclists and know exactly what you need and when you need it.
- EXPERIENCED RIDE LEADERS: Each of our ride leaders is an experienced cyclist, fluent in English and the local language and expert at escorting our guests safely around our chosen routes.
- LOCAL GUEST COORDINATOR: Our guest coordinator is always a "local", completely fluent in English and has often lived in the US. Being "local" always opens the right doors....
- EXPERIENCED MECHANIC: A qualified, native English speaker mechanic is always on hand to keep your bike in perfect working order.
- TRIP RECONNAISSANCE: Each of our trips is preceeded by a week-long Staff Reconnaissance Trip. During this week nothing is left uncovered: our staff ride and check out each of the routes, generate elevation profiles, maps and cue sheets and prepare the trip logistics plan.
3. A challenging & fulfilling experience
This trip was one of the most challenging, rewarding, and life affirming things I've done!
Michael Dunn – NY :: 2006 King of the Mountains > Giro d'Italia
Peter was a master of knowing people's limits and encouraging them to just go a bit beyond their comfort zone which created a great feeling of satisfaction. I would do it again in a heart beat and have recommended Thomson Bike Tours to many friends with great enthusiasm.
Cindy Dunn – NY :: 2006 King of the Mountains > Giro d'Italia
And finally, we're not content to provide you with the best routes and awesome support.....we want you to return home a better rider and with a tremendous feeling of accomplishment.
- CHALLENGING: Our trips will challenge you to ride like you've never ridden before. Whether it be the challenge of conquering your first famous climb in the Alps or the thrill of a 10-mile descent on a twisting road in the Pyrenees we design bike tours that capture these thrills and challenges.
- ENCOURAGEMENT: Peter is a master at encouraging you to ride just a "wee" bit beyond your limit giving you a tremendous feeling of satisfaction at the end of every day.
- ON-THE-BIKE COACHING: ride with Peter and improve all aspects of your cycling. Everyday Peter can be found out there accompanying our riders and he's always available to answer your questions and to provide coaching and guidance whilst on the bike. How many of our competitors offer you the opportunity to ride with the owner of the company...???
But don't take our word for it! Join Peter and staff for an awesome cycling experience with Thomson Bike Tours.
Click here to view our trips.