King of the Mountains › Vuelta a Espana
2015 Advance Reservations Now OPEN
Full details of our 2015 trip
What is an advance reservation?
And don't forget to reserve your Bianchi Rental Bike (limited supply)
The Vuelta a España takes the world’s greatest cyclists on a thrilling race route across the spectacular Spanish mountains and countryside. This premier event completes the trifecta of Grand Tours (with the Giro d’Italia and Tour de France). We can’t resist the challenge. Spain is Thomson terrain, and designing the best routes and prime race viewing is our specialty. Let us introduce you to everything we love about the culture and cycling in Spain. Join us in September 2015 for the ultimate Vuelta experience.
- LIVE Viewing of pivotal stages of the 2015 Vuelta a España
- A full week of challenging Thomson rides, inspired by the Vuelta route
- Climb the most challenging mountains of this Grand Tour event
- As always the top support in the industry!
For more insight into the spectacular riding in Spain, check out our photos from the Trans-Cantabria Challenge a Thomson Bike Tour through Northern Spain, which includes many of the major climbs of the Vuelta a España.
Our Race-Viewing Hospitality Areas
Enjoy your afternoon on the mountainside in the comfort and safety of our comfortable race-viewing hospitality areas:
- Prime viewing spots - our teams are in place several days before the race ensuring that we secure prime race-viewing loactions
- Large marquis tents
- LIVE Satellite TV race coverage in English
- Full picnic lunch and refrigerator stocked with cool drinks
Quite simply, we provide the best support in the industry - guaranteed!
- Staff to client ratio of 1:4
- 3 ride groups of approximately 10 riders in each group - allows us to manage riders of varying ability levels
- 1 TBT experienced ride leader and 1 SAG van per ride-group of approximately 10 riders
- Experienced Mechanic
- Top-of-the-line rental bikes available
The Thomson Bike Tours Difference
Your trip to Europe may be a once-in-a-lifetime experience and you deserve the best! Performance cyclists now rate Thomson Bike Tours as the premiere provider of performance trips to Europe. Here are a few details that set us aside from the rest:
LESS VAN - MORE BIKE: Limited Van Transfers between your hotels and the start/finish of the bike rides. With the exception of the transfers after the race-viewings we ride from and back to the hotel. Our local knowledge, extensive planning and vast experience mean that you spend less time in a van and more time on the bike!
Best-in-class Support & ride leaders: another key to our success! Sag van and ride leader for every 10 riders.
Highest Staff to Customer Ratio: 1 staff member per 4 customers!
LIVE Satellite TV coverage in English: our strategically placed mountain-top race vantage points have become the reference for the industry and the envy of the mountain! No-one else has LIVE Satellite TV coverage in English!
THE THOMSON RIDES: over the years we've also gained a reputation for providing the best (and most challenging) rides. 25 years experience riding in the Dolomites and Italian Alps counts!
Choice of rides: shorter distance options are available on most days.